Résumé-Building Worksheet Pack
What do you feel when you think of your résumé?
A flood of positive energy?
I bet not.
Instead, you feel some combination of anxiety, anger, and dread.
Résumés. They’re a necessary evil in today’s world. Unfortunately, most résumés suck. Including yours.
You want a résumé that pops. That wows the hiring manager and knocks their socks off.
So you sit down at your computer and try to mold this résumé into something that perfectly encapsulates who you are.
You hack away for hours, only to find that your résumé still reads like a boring grocery list with your past vague job responsibilities and no-longer-relevant college degree.
You know you have so much to offer the world, but you can’t figure out how to explain it.
Instead of highlighting the positive changes you made, your résumé‘s littered with empty phrases like “managed, integrated, implemented, and evaluated”.
Don’t take this the wrong way, but it’s no wonder you fail to get an interview.
But who am I to say anything?
I went through the same struggles only a few years ago.
Early in my career, as I tried to get my first “real job”, I submitted résumé after résumé, cover letter after cover letter, and got nothing but crickets in return.
Until finally, I realized a simple truth:
My résumé was failing because I made it all about me. Instead, I needed to focus on how I could help the company.
That was in 2018. Since then, I’ve been a Minor League Pitching Coach for the Los Angeles Angels (at 24 years old) and served as the Director of Operations at Tread Athletics, where I reviewed hundreds of applications and hired 27 new employees.
During that time, I realized that there are four rock-solid principles that all good applicants understand:
- The applicant speaks to the company’s problems, not about their passions & interests
- The applicant emphasizes the results they’ve produced over the functions they’ve held
- The applicant shows that they haven’t just gotten results, but that they’ve built repeatable, transferable systems
- The applicant tells stories, allowing them to say less (and stand out more)
I call this the Hiring Pyramid, and applying the framework will instantly catapult your résumé to the top of the pile.
When you purchase this Worksheet Pack, you will get a set of 4 action-driven worksheets to:
- Decode the job description to identify what problems the organization needs you to solve
- Establish credibility with the organization using examples from your past to show how you’ve solved similar problems
- Highlight the systems you’ve built that will allow you to replicate those results in their environment
- Concisely package all of this together so that the hiring manager can’t help but schedule an interview
It’s time to finally have a résumé that you’re proud of. One that you can’t wait to send because you know that for the first time, your résumé tells the story of the real you.
And you can get it now for the special introductory price of $1.
Price good through June 19, 2022.